Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 6: Out of Sight (1998)

I quickly realized that I would not be able to depend on my stockpile of unseen DVDs and new releases to meet my 365 target, so I was searching online for some older films to rent. I did a search for heist films, as it's a genre I enjoy and will not enough films, and came upon this title, which I didn't remember having seen. Sadly, I had seen it before, though I didn't remember how it went at all. As I watched each scene I recall having seen it before, but with no idea what would come next, an odd experience. I'm assuming that's highly due to the fact that this film came out when I was 12 and I probably watched it around that time.

This film really shouldn't be considered a heist film at all, it was much more a romantic comedy, though not so much comedy as romance. It was a drawn out romantic story between two unlikely characters - a bank robber and a US Marshall. The film wasn't bad per se, just not really my cup of tea. Horribly cliche, predictable, and unbelievable. At least Clooney and Lopez are enjoyable actors to watch for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment