Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 10: In the Loop (2009)

I was, again, looking online for films to rent when I came across this one under a list of best missed films from last year. I had never heard of it, but the cast looked good, and it got good reviews, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did! This is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Political comedy at its best.

The premise of the film is simple - the US President and the UK Prime Minister want war in the Middle East, but not everyone on their staff do. What follows is a comedy of failures in epic proportions that lead to the outbreak of the second gulf war. For those who are cynical, or even somewhat less than convinced, that the government acts effectively will enjoy the examination into how a series of failures, misunderstandings and lies can lead to war.

I don't want to say too much about the film so that I don't ruin it for anyone, but in short, the film is hilarious and well the price of a rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment