Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 13: Get Him to the Greek (2010)

It was cheap movie night at the movie theatre, so decided it was worth seeing something in theatres. I've wanted to see Get Him to the Greek since I saw the first trailer, despite knowing that the movie would most likely be pretty bad, but it looked funny. As a sidenote, one of the best part of the film was the the character in the credits listed as "S&M Guy Who Looks Like Moby" played by Thomas Nowell. I'm not quite sure when Nowell made an appearance in the film, but he got the best character name in the film by far.

I have to say that I'm glad I'm not old enough that I've "matured" beyond this kind of humour. I really hope I never do "mature" beyond it, but it seems that this type of drug, and occasionally sex, humour is considered crass and immature. I guess that makes me immature. In any regard, the film is not a "good film," but it's funny. It's not as well written or as well acted as it's somewhat prequel Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but considering Jason Segel didn't write this one it is not surprising. The most confusing aspect of the film is that Russell Brand's character Aldous Snow is the same character as from FSM, yet Jonah Hill, who had a prominent role in FSM, plays an entirely different character in GMTTG. While I enjoy Jonah Hill, is there not another actor in Hollywood who could have played the role? Speaking of FSM, the cameo by Kristen Bell as Sarah Marshall was one of the highlights of the film. Overall, the film was funny if you find this type of humour funny, which I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment