Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 86: The Expendables (2010)

The action film of the summer, and will probably be one of the highest grossing films of the summer. Would have been pretty hard to avoid seeing this one.

A team of mercenaries are hired to head down to a small island in South America to overthrow a dictator and his ex-CIA backer. The mercenaries are played by a cast of classic American action heroes including: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Steve Austin, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. This falls under the premise that if you put enough famous people into a film it has to be good.

I was expecting a decent summer action film. Nothing great, but a film filled with enough action and cheesy one-liners to make it entertaining. Sadly, I was rather disappointed. The film had a very poor plot, as it to be expected, but for some reason, they felt the need to try and explain and justify the plot for half the movie. Up until the last 20 minutes, there was barely any action. I felt like they forgot they were filming an action movie and just threw it all in at the end. I didn't not enjoy myself, but even with my lowered expectations I still felt like the film didn't deliver. It really just wasn't that good of a movie, not even that good of an action movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment