Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 80: Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)

I was back in Kingston packing up my apartment getting ready to move, and my brother offered to come down and help me pack. As we were packing up my DVD collection, a rather timely undertaking, he asked if I had Urban Legends 2, which I responded that most likely, and evidently I did. The film was shot at his University, Trent University in Peterborough, and he wanted to see how many buildings he recognized. Truth be told, the most enjoyable part of watching the film was not the film itself, but my brother's confusion over their use of the buildings in the film. For example, "What? That door doesn't lead to anything like that." or "I'm so confused, I'm positive there is no clock tower there." [In fact, he is right, there is no tower. A 150 ft. tower was built at an estimated $150,000.00.]

The sequel to Urban Legend loosely, and I mean really loosely, follows the same premise of the first - a killer is killing people according to urban legends. The killer is new, as is the campus. In fact, the only tie to the first film is the campus security guard is the same in both films. Unfortunately, the killer in this sequel doesn't even really stick to murdering by urban legends - he does a couple this way, then I guess gets bored and just starts killing aimlessly. This is, perhaps, the worst horror film I've ever seen. The only redeeming value for me was that the killings took place at a film school, which was neat to see. There is nothing new in this film, and it's just a waste of time. Even my brother was disappointed, as almost all the shots are of the same building, just from different angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment